Hostal Marlin, Cartagena
Near Clock Tower Gate
Nestled in Cartagena's charming Getsemaní district, Hotel Marlin puts you 5 minutes by car from the beach and a 13-minute drive from Rafael Núñez International Airport. The 16th-century Castillo San Felipe de Barajas fortress and the Clock Tower Gate are a 7-minute walk.
Ancient walls, mud bath
For panoramic views you can take an 8-minute drive to Cartagena's highest point, La Popa, and the Murallas de Cartagena, the Old Town walls, are a 13-minute stroll. If you fancy something a bit different, you can drive an hour for a healing mud bath at the El Totumo volcano.
Free coffee and computer
You can cook yourself a meal and get to know your fellow travelers in the communal kitchen, and a travel desk is available should you be interested in a tour or day trip. Free coffee is on hand around the clock, and you can look up local attractions using the free hotel computer.
Free WiFi, cable TV
The guestrooms are decorated in brightly colored tiles and range from singles to quadruples, with lockers and safes available to keep your bags and valuables. To create a homely vibe, free WiFi and TVs with cable channels are standard in all rooms.
Enter dates to check prices
Hotel Info: 020 3027 9803from £23
- Standard Twin Room (with Air Conditioning)
- Triple Room (with fan)
- Quadruple Room (with Air Conditioning)
- Double Room (with fan)
- Single Room (with air)
- Double Room (With Air Conditioning)
At a glance
- This hotel has 24 rooms
- This hotel is arranged over 2 floors
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-out time is 1 PM
Required at check in
- Credit card or cash deposit required
- Government-issued photo ID required
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Travelling with others
- One child (5 years old and younger) stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Children may not be eligible for free breakfast, if one is offered
- No cribs (infant beds)
- No pets or service animals allowed
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Free WiFi in rooms
- No parking
- Resort fee included
Nearby Two Star Cartagena hotels
In the hotel
- 24-hour front desk
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
In the room
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- 18-inch TV
- Free WiFi
- Daily housekeeping
Top Cartagena hotels
Recently reviewed hotels in Cartagena
- GHL Corales de IndiasFrom
"The hotel is great but owing to road building the immediate area is dusty and looks like a building site. The distance from the old town makes it impracticable for walking.…"Mar 1, 2015
- Casa Canabal Hotel BoutiqueFrom
"We wanted to stay outside the more touristy Historic town and we were really pleased with Getsemani. It felt more like ordinary life in a Colombian city - the area has real…"Jan 13, 2015
- OZ HotelFrom
- Hampton By Hilton CartagenaFrom
"Adequate room with good breakfast, good service, nice little gym with good views from top floor that also has a small pool to cool down and chill. There is a good restaurant next…"Dec 28, 2014
Hostal Marlin, Cartagena’s small print
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
This property does not have elevators.
The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
You’ll be asked to pay the following charges at check in or check out:
- The national sales tax (16%) is charged upon check-out to citizens of Colombia regardless of length of stay and to foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. Furthermore, the tax may apply per room when the room is shared by a taxable and a nontaxable guest.
The charges below are included in the total price displayed:
- Resort fee
Rollaway beds are available for COP 20000 per night
We have included all charges provided to us by this hotel. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.