What is Rio de Janeiro like for cheap hotels?
There are many ways to enjoy the scenic city of Rio de Janeiro for a bargain price. For example, you might want to put on your walking shoes, grab a map and go for a stroll to discover a side to this destination where money doesn't do all the talking. Snap some photos at Copacabana Beach and Municipal Theater for some great memories without a hefty price tag. Our choice of cheap hotels makes Rio de Janeiro popular among budget-conscious visitors looking for a trip to remember. Hotels.com has 158 cheap Rio de Janeiro hotels to choose from, there's something for everyone!
What are some of the best cheap hotels in Rio de Janeiro?
Here are our travellers' best-rated Rio de Janeiro budget-friendly hotels:
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Rooftop terrace • Outdoor pool • Central location
- Free WiFi • Restaurant • Bar • 24-hour front desk • Central location
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Steam room • Central location
- Free parking • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Fitness centre • Central location
- Free WiFi • Restaurant • Steam room • Fitness centre • Central location
Hotel Atlantico TowerIn the heart of Rio de Janeiro
Ibis Copacabana Posto 2 HotelHotel convenient to Copacabana Beach, aimed at LGBT guests
Arosa Rio Hotel4-star hotel with bar, near Sambodrome
Diamond HotelRio de Janeiro hotel in city centre
South American Copacabana Hotel3-star hotel with outdoor pool, near Copacabana Beach
What are the best things to see and do in Rio de Janeiro?
You'll find plenty of places to explore in Rio de Janeiro while on a budget. Glance at these sightseeing opportunities in the area, some of which you can appreciate while being mindful of your wallet.
- Boulevard Olimpico
- Catete Palace
- Aterro do Flamengo Park
- Copacabana Beach
- Flamengo Beach
- Praia de Botafogo
- Municipal Theater
- Catedral Metropolitana
- Catedral de Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro
Sights & landmarks