What is York like for family-friendly holidays?
If you have been trying to find the ideal family-friendly holiday destination, you might want to consider friendly people York. Here you'll find various types of family activities sure to appeal to both kids and adults alike. From the museums to lively festivals, York has many things to see and do that everybody will appreciate. Spend a day visiting attractions such as Shambles, Stonegate and York Dungeon. When it's time to rest after a day of sightseeing with the family, York has a variety of places to stay, such as family hotels with pools and hotels with family suites. You can pick from 92 York accommodations to find one you and the family can appreciate.
Where are some places to stay with kids in York?
Our travellers have rated these as their favourite kid-friendly hotels:
- free parking • free English breakfast • 2 restaurants • free WiFi • Attentive staff
- restaurant • free WiFi • Laundry room • Central location
- free parking • free English breakfast • restaurant • free WiFi • Attentive staff
- children's meals • free parking
Worsley Arms Hotel3-star York hotel with bar
Ibis York Centre3-star hotel with bar, near York Minster
Wheatlands Lodge HotelHotel with bar, near York Minster
The Durham OxYork upmarket guesthouse with bar
What should I see and do with kids in and around York?
You’ll discover that York and the surrounding area offers many interesting things to see and do while you're out and about with the kids. Here are some ideas to make your getaway both educational and memorable:
- York Dungeon
- Yorkshire's Winter Wonderland
- Yorkshire Museum Gardens
- Redwood Park Fishing Lakes
- North York Moors National Park
- Rowntree Park
- Jorvik Viking Centre
- Merchant Adventurers' Hall
- York Castle Museum
Museums & art galleries
- McArthur Glen Designer Outlet