What is Penrith like for cheap hotels?
There are countless ways to enjoy the Penrith for a bargain price. For example, you might want to put on your walking shoes, grab a map and go for a stroll to discover a side to this destination where money isn't the only thing that matters. People who travel to Penrith like the bars and lake views, which is a great way to discover the area. Take a photo at Lake District National Park and Yorkshire Dales National Park for some great memories without a hefty price tag. Our selection of cheap hotels makes Penrith a favourite among budget-conscious travellers looking for a trip to remember.
What are some of the best cheap hotels in Penrith?
Here are our travellers' best-rated Penrith budget-friendly hotels:
- Free breakfast • Free parking • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Central location
- Free parking • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Bar • Central location
- Free parking • Restaurant • Bar
- Free parking • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Fitness centre • Attentive staff
- Free parking • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Bar • Close to shopping
Troutbeck Inn3-star Penrith inn with bar
Westmorland Hotel Tebay3-star hotel, convenient to Lake District National Park
The George Hotel
Shap Wells Hotel3-star hotel with bar, near Lake District National Park
YHA Helvellyn - HostelWithin easy reach of Ullswater
What are the best things to see and do in Penrith?
You'll be able to find lots of sightseeing opportunities in Penrith on a modest budget. Glance at these excursions in the city, some of which you can appreciate without spending a penny.
- Lake District National Park
- Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Whinfell Forest
- Swaledale Museum
- Penrith & Eden Museum
- Lowther Castle and Gardens
- Aira Force
Museums & art galleries
Sights & landmarks