What is Palenque like for family-friendly holidays?
If you've been trying to find the perfect family-friendly place for a holiday, you may want to consider Palenque. Here you'll find an intriguing array of activities sure to appeal to both kids and parents alike. From the ancient ruins to the natural setting, Palenque has lots of things to see and do that everyone will enjoy. Spend a day visiting attractions such as Palenque Archaeological Zone, Misol-Ha Waterfalls and Cascadas de Roberto Barrios. When it's time to rest after a day of touring the area with the kids, Palenque has various places to stay, such as family hotels with pools and hotels with family suites. No matter what you want, Palenque has different kinds of family accommodation options so you have a variety to choose from.
What are some of the best hotels in Palenque?
Top hotel picks in and around Palenque:
Hotel Villa Mercedes PalenqueSuburban hotel with spa, conference centre
- Free WiFi • Restaurant • Swim-up bar • 2 outdoor pools • Attentive staff
Chan-Kah Resort VillageFamily-friendly hotel with spa, pool bar
- Free parking • Free pool cabanas • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Central location
Hotel Ciudad Real PalenqueFamily-friendly hotel with spa, outdoor pool
- Free parking • Free WiFi • 3 restaurants • Swim-up bar • Central location
Boutique Hotel Quinta ChanabnalPalenque upmarket hotel with bar
- Free parking • Free WiFi • Restaurant • 2 outdoor pools • Central location
Hotel Maya Tulipanes PalenqueCity centre Palenque hotel with outdoor pool
- Free parking • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Bar • Central location
What should I see and do with kids in and around Palenque?
You’ll discover that Palenque and the surrounding area provides lots of interesting things to see while you're visiting the area with the family. Here are some ideas to make your getaway both educational and lots of fun:
- Misol-Ha Waterfalls
- Maya Biosphere Reserve
- Palenque National Park
- Palenque Archaeological Zone
- Cascadas de Roberto Barrios
- Museo de Sitio Palenque
Sights & landmarks