What is Windhoek like for family-friendly holidays?
If you've been trying to find the perfect family-friendly holiday spot, you might want to think about Windhoek. Here you'll find various types of family activities sure to delight both kids and parents alike. From the safari tours to the excursions, Windhoek has lots of things to see and do that everyone will enjoy. Spend a day visiting attractions such as Katutura Township, Maerua Mall and The Grove Mall of Namibia. When you're ready to relax after a day of sightseeing with the family, Windhoek has a variety of places to stay, such as family hotels with pools and hotels with family suites. You can make a choice from 48 Windhoek accommodations to locate one you and the entire family will enjoy.
Where are some places to stay with kids in Windhoek?
Our travellers have rated these as their favourite kid-friendly hotels:
- Outdoor pool • free WiFi • Laundry room
- free parking • Outdoor pool • free WiFi • Laundry room • BBQ
- free parking • free buffet breakfast • Outdoor pool • free WiFi • Laundry room
- children's pool • free parking • restaurant • free WiFi • Laundry room
- free parking • free buffet breakfast • Outdoor pool • in-room kitchens • free WiFi
The Elegant GuesthouseWindhoek guesthouse in historical district
Caotinha Guest Cottage3-star guesthouse
Maison Ambre Guesthouse3-star Windhoek hotel with pool bar
Eden Self Catering Chalets3-star Windhoek chalet with bar
African Sky GuesthouseFamily-friendly guesthouse
What should I see and do with kids in and around Windhoek?
You'll find that Windhoek and the surrounding area offers lots of interesting things to see while you're visiting with the kids. Here are some recommendations to make your stay both educational and lots of fun:
- Daan Viljoen Game Reserve
- Zoo Park
- Arnhem Cave
- Katutura Township
- Maerua Mall
- The Grove Mall of Namibia
Sights & landmarks
- Post Street Mall
- Wernhil Park