Important: This destination may have COVID-19 travel restrictions in place, including specific restrictions for lodging. Check any national, local, and health advisories for this destination before you book.

Skip to main content.
All properties in Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
1 room, 2 adults
1-3 Sir Thomas Street, Liverpool, England, L1 6BW, United Kingdom
  • Collect stampsYou can collect Hotels.com™ Rewards stamps here
7.0
Good24 All of our reviews have come from real guests who have stayed at the property.verified guest
reviews

Narrow reviews:

24 verified guest reviews

Guest rating

2.0PoorCheck-in Mar 11, 2020
Shower unfit for use. Barely a trickle of water. Door locks are not sturdy
1 night trip
Response by Team Base
Hi there, we are very sorry to hear about your experience. It would have been helpful if you had not left your review anonymously so we knew exactly which apartment has these issues. Had you of let us know about these issues during your stay our staff would have been more than happy to assist you. Nevertheless, I will pass these issues on to our housekeeping manager.Kind regards, Ffion.
6.0GoodCheck-in Feb 24, 2020
Disappointing
I am a regular visitor to Liverpool and thought that I would try the Base Apartment in Sir Thomas Street. The apartment is located above the Victoria Cross pub and is accessed from an unmarked adjacent to the pub. I was not aware at the time of booking that I had to make time, drive to their offices to pick up the key, find street parking (and pay for parking whilst doing so). They did call me to inform me of this, but it was not clear at time of booking. The staff were friendly and helpful, however the layout and location of the apartment made it noisy. Whilst there was little that the owners could do about the early morning street cleaning, splitting the apartment into three independent bedrooms meant that there was noise though the night with corridor and bedroom doors banging. This could be partially allowed for in the costs of the room My main frustration was that thee apartment was advertised free cancellation. When I checked with a few days to go, I found that the opportunity to cancel had lapsed four or five days prior to my stay. This was unlike all my other bookings on Hotels.com. Most offer free cancellation within a day or so and several helpfully on the same day, if you genuinely need to cancel. It is something to consider when booking as it meant that it did not give me the flexibility that I needed. Whilst I appreciated a follow up call from Base, quoting me the terms and conditions of my stay added further disappointment. I doubt I will stay here again.
Colber1 night business trip
Response by Team Base
Hi there, thanks for choosing to stay with Base. It is very clear in the information displayed on hotels.com that our reception is in a different location. Under the 'At a Glance' section it says "There is no front desk at this property. The check-in location differs from the property location. To check in, go to 136 Duke Street, Liverpool". It is up to the guest to make sure that they read all of the information and terms and conditions before placing a booking. There is no need to find street parking or pay for it. Guests are able to park on Cornwallis Street outside the office entrance when picking up their keys.We are very pleased to hear that our reception team were friendly and helpful. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to them. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the layout of the apartment and experienced noise throughout the night. We have strict noise policies and encourage guests to call us on the emergency number if excessive noise occurs. We have two types of rate plans, advance purchase rate where you pay in full at the time of booking, or the flexible rate where payment is taken 7 days before arrival. We do not offer free cancellation 7 days or less before the check-in date. We are very sorry if this information was not clear enough on hotels.com and we will review how our information is presented on the site. We apologise for your experience but hope that you still managed to enjoy your time in Liverpool. Kind regards, Ffion.
6.0GoodCheck-in Dec 4, 2019
Ok 👌 stay was on fourth floor, no lift and had to pick keys up from a distant place to the location I stayed
David1 night business trip
Response by Team Base
Hi David, thanks for choosing to stay with Base. We do let all guests know prior to arrival that there is not lift in the building. This is a listed building so we cannot put a lift in unfortunately. We also let guests know that the check-in is in a different location. If guests do not want to walk we are happy to call a taxi. Kind regards, Ffion.
8.0Very goodCheck-in Nov 22, 2019
Perfect location.
Great location although the stairs are hard work after a day or night on your feet It would have helped to have tea towels to dry dishes. Apartment cold at times, being able to turn heat on and off ourselves when needed would have been great
Maureen2 night trip with friends
Response by Team Base
Hi Maureen, thanks for leaving a review and for choosing to stay with Base. We do warn all guests prior to arrival that unfortunately this building does not have a lift. We are sorry to hear about the few issues you had with the apartment. We appreciate your feedback and will take it on board. Kind regards, Ffion.
2.0PoorCheck-in Oct 14, 2019
No fun no problem stay here!
It was my first night away with my wife (married that weekend) the place ensured we never had physical relation on our first marital night! Very angry! Don’t recommend, but you do get what you pay for!
1 night trip
Response by Team Base
Hi there, apologies that your stay was not what you expected. Unfortunately you haven't identified any specific issues in your review, and we contact all of our guests after their stays to ask for feedback, however you did not answer this call. Please help us improve guest experience by contacting us directly and giving us your detailed feedback. Kind regards, Ffion.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Sep 10, 2019
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Apartment was so central. Exactly what we wanted. Spotless. Would highly recommend to people
Avril3 night family trip
Response by Team BASE
Hi Avril, thanks for choosing to stay with BASE and for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a lovely time in Liverpool. We can't wait to welcome you back again in the future. Kind regards, Ffion.
8.0Very goodCheck-in Aug 12, 2019
Night away
Was easy to find, discount off parking nearby. The room was central to the night life. Only negative was shower cubicle was a bit small for my other half
Dawn1 night romance trip
Response by Team Base
Hi Dawn, thanks for leaving a review and choosing to stay with BASE. We are so happy to hear your lovely feedback and hope you had a wonderful time in Liverpool. Kind regards, Ffion.
6.0GoodCheck-in Jul 31, 2019
Hot and Noisy
We have lived in Liverpool before for 3 years so we knew there would be city centre noise but we didn’t sleep a wink of the 2 nights because there was roadworks directly outside as well as 2am roadsweepers. The noise was ridiculous. We had to have the window open because the room was so hot and there was no fans provided in the room, this should be a necessity in the summer. Would not recommend
Kimberley2 night trip
Response by Team Base
Hi Kimberley, thanks for choosing to stay with BASE. I hope you can understand that noise from roadworks and road sweepers is completely out of our control. We are very sorry that this caused an inconvenience on your stay and had you got in contact with the team we would have done our best to try and move you to a quieter location. In regards to fans, we do provide them to guests on request. Should you stay again please do not hesitate to get in contact with us if you have any issues and we will do our very best to resolve them. Kind regards, Ffion.
8.0Very goodCheck-in Dec 29, 2018
Comfortable & clean
Great location. Bedrooms were comfortable & clean. Lounge a bit small. Well equipped kitchen although no dishwasher. On top floor so not easy without a lift.
Patricia1 night family trip
Response by Rebecca
Hi Patricia, thanks for staying with Base. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Rebecca.
6.0GoodCheck-in Aug 26, 2018
Ok for a night out stay
The booking in process was not great as you have to go to a separate office for this which I found hard to find and when I got there there was a long queue of people trying to book in also. When I was eventually served I was told that my room was not ready, even though by this time it was later than the 3pm booking time, and they could not give me a time that it would be ready, I was just told not to go there until they called me. I had travelled for nearly 3 hours and don’t know Liverpool well so this was less than Ideal! I got a call about an hour later to say it was ready!! Service was otherwise friendly. There is no car parking but it wasn’t too far away so not too bad There is no lift which I had been warned about but there were lots of stairs to the 3rd floor I was on I was worried about security of my room as the key given fits the outside door to get in to the apartment block, the door to the apartment that is shared and my room was in and my room! The building is on a main road so can be very noisy, the windows are old sash windows that don’t block noise out and rattled all night. The room itself was clean and nice. It is basic but ok for one night. The TV was broken so it had to be propped up to be able to watch it and the shower was either very hot or cold and the headboard was lose otherwise the bed was comfortable. Location to town was great I don’t usually leave reviews but felt I should in this case.
Clare1 night romance trip
Response by Rebecca
Hi Clare, thank you for staying with Base and for leaving your feedback and comments. This has been passed onto the team and the issues you mentioned will be looked into. Despite this I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Liverpool and we hope to see you again in the future.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jul 23, 2018
Lush living
Apartment was beautiful and well equipped. Lovely bedrooms each with a bathroom. Would definitely recommend
Suzanne1 night trip
Response by Rebecca
Hi Suzanne, thank you for leaving your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. Thanks, Rebecca.
8.0Very goodCheck-in Jun 1, 2018
Good apartment in central position.
Lovely apartment which was really comfortable and clean. Could do with a couple of things upgrading including shower which had no power and ironing board which had seen better days. Other than that a perfect spot in the centre of Liverpool.
2 night trip
Response by Rebecca
Hi there. Thanks for leaving your feedback about your stay with Base. We hope you had a great stay and would love to have you back in the future. Kind regards, Rebecca.
4.0FairCheck-in May 17, 2018
Not good
Room was way too small. A double room with a metre on either side of the small double bed an 2 metres from the foot of the bed to the wall. No seating area one kitchen style chair. Not good. Very clean and good location except for the street noise, its on a major bus route with 3 stops within 100 metres so very noisy
Robert4 night romance trip
Response by Rebecca
Hi Robert, thank you for staying with us at Base in our Sir Thomas St location. I'm really sorry you feel this way in regards to the double room you stayed in. We advertise these rooms as double hotel style rooms with en-suites. Perhaps next time you stay you could take a look at one of our 1 bedroom apartments which have a seating area, a kitchen and a living space as well as the double room and bathroom. I hope you enjoyed your time in Liverpool and we hope to see you again soon if visiting Liverpool or Chester in the future. Kind regards, Rebecca.
8.0Very goodCheck-in Mar 25, 2018
Great apartment, check in arrangements poor
Check in arrangements aren’t very good, you have to collect your key from apartments that are about 3 miles away, there is no lift so for us stopping in the penthouse on the 5th floor was a little gruelling, but apartment was lovely, finished to an extremely high standard & very well equipped.
FayeFamily trip
Response by Rebecca
Hi Faye, thank you for staying with Base and thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with Base and loved the apartment. I'm sorry that you feel that our check in arrangements were not suitable however due to us having several city central locations to choose from, it's not possible for us to have a reception at each location. I hope you had a great time in Liverpool and we would love to welcome you back in the future. Thanks, Rebecca.
8.0Very goodCheck-in Feb 24, 2018
Nice stay
The apartments were very clean and the beds were incredibly comfy. The lounge area was perfect for a group of friends with a nice, modern kitchen. The only Downside was we couldn’t get the radiators to work and collecting the keys from a different place. We got a taxi to the hotel as it was so cold from the main Reception which was only £2.90 so wasn’t an issue. The man at the reception was very helpful and friendly too. Would stay again.
Trip with friends
Response by Rebecca
Hi there. Firstly allow me to say thank you very much for choosing to stay with Base, It's great to hear you had an enjoyable stay. I'm sorry to hear you couldn't get the heaters to work. If this happens in the future please don't hesitate to give us a call to rectify this as we have a team at hand 24/7 for any issues. I hope you had a great time in Liverpool and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thanks, Rebecca.
6.0GoodCheck-in Jan 1, 2018
Good location.
Only really spent evenings in there, the room felt very cheap, the bed moved(no headboard), shower was very weak. The walls were paper thin, you can really hear other guests enjoying there time...
4 night business trip
Response by Rebecca
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your stay in our Sir Thomas Street apartments, I have passed on your comments to the team. We hope you had a great overall stay in Liverpool. Kind regards, Rebecca.

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries

10.0ExceptionalCheck-in May 19, 2019
Wonderful Appartment
Great Trip
annette2 night family trip
Response by Rebecca
Thank you for your great feedback! We hope to have you back in the future. Kind regards, Rebecca.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Oct 20, 2018
Staff at checkin were superb - helpful and informative
Tony1 night trip
Verified Wotif guest review
Response by Rebecca
Hi Tony, thank you for your lovely feedback! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Team Base.

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries

10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jan 31, 2020
Mye trapper opp til leilighet 4. Store soverom og fin stue/kjøkken. Sentralt.
Roger3 night family trip
Response by Team Base
Hi Roger, thanks for choosing to stay with Base. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you had a brilliant time in Liverpool. We hope to welcome you back again. Kind regards, Ffion.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Apr 30, 2018
Sentral og sosial leilighet
Sentralt og perfekt for venner/par å benytte denne leiligheten under weekend i Liverpool.
RemiTrip with friends
Response by Rebecca
Hi there. Thanks for choosing to stay with Base! We are really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great time in Liverpool. Thanks, Rebecca.
2.0PoorCheck-in Feb 26, 2018
Slecht management
Geen werkende douche eerste dag. Laatste dag heel veel overlast van andere gasten. Gillen, slaande deuren en harde muziek. Managers lagen al in bed en zeiden niets te kunnen doen tegen de overlast. Geen excuses ofzo erna naar ons. Nare ervaring.
4 night trip
Response by Rebecca
Hello, I am really sorry to hear that your stay was disturbed and this is not the standard that we uphold as a company. Management are currently looking at the situation and I do hope that the noise from other people in the building did not affect your overall visit to Liverpool. I can only apologise for this situation. Kind regards, Rebecca.
6.0GoodCheck-in Mar 7, 2020
Marius1 night trip with friends
Response by Team Base
Hi Marius, thanks for choosing to stay with Base. We hope that you enjoyed your stay and time in Liverpool. Kind regards, Ffion.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Aug 23, 2019
Trevor2 night trip with friends
Response by Team Base
Hi Trevor, thanks for your review. We hope you had a lovely stay! Kind regards, Ffion.
6.0GoodCheck-in Sep 28, 2018
jack2 night romance trip
Response by Rebecca
Hi Jack, thank you for choosing Base and for leaving your feedback. We hope you enjoyed your stay and would like to welcome you back in the future. Thanks, Team Base.
Sorry, there are no traveller photos for this property.