Important: This destination may have COVID-19 travel restrictions in place, including specific restrictions for lodging. Check any national, local, and health advisories for this destination before you book.

Skip to main content.
All properties in Beirut, Beirut Governorate, Lebanon
1 room, 2 adults

Caramel Boutique Hotel

3.5-star3.5 stars
Alleyway street, Hamra, Beirut, Lebanon
  • Collect stampsYou can collect Hotels.com™ Rewards stamps here
8.0
Very good36 All of our reviews have come from real guests who have stayed at the property.verified guest
reviews

Friendly Staff Clean and Comfortable Highly Recommend 😊
.2 night family trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 3, 2018
Excellent
I would highly recommend the Caramel Boutique Hotel as a great value option in Beirut. Staff were very accomodating allowing us to check in slightly earlier than the alloted time and generally very helpful during our stay. The photo shown was a great representation of the room and we found everything to be clean and of a good standard - the bed especially was very comfortable. Location is great for exploring the restaurants and shops of Hamra but also as a base for exploring other areas of the city
David1 night romance trip
Response by Rooms Divison Manager
Thank you so much for your nice words. We are so glad that your stay met your expectations. We look forward to see you again in the future!
6.0GoodCheck-in Nov 1, 2018
Good location, so so hotel
Pros: Location right in the center of Hamra. Nice positive service by the staff, helpful. Design is ok. Cons: front rooms are on the party alleyway, super noisy. Back rooms have windows to the wall, with no natural light. WiFi is very very poor, coming from Europe and needing it for several chores and trip planning this made my life much harder. No safe in room. No hot water for two days (they can fix this). TV has only 2 channels in english (hundreds of others though). All in all it was ok, but I won't stay there again.
Daniel3 night trip
Response by Reservations Manager
Thank you valuable guest, your feedback is highly appreciated. Please note that all the issues discussed were passed to the concerned person to look after. Thank you again and hope to see you one more time and we are ready to convince you about our quality service.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Sep 17, 2018
Great location and modern hotel
Excellent location on Hamra Street, a pleasant 20 minute walk or a short uber ride from downtown. The hotel is modern and very convenient with Starbucks, restaurants and shops just outside. Be aware that the location on Google Maps is incorrect. If it's your first time, aim for the Starbucks on Hamra Street, and the hotel is on an alleyway about 20m down from the Starbucks
Response by Hanin
Dear Valuable Guest. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Sep 19, 2018
Safe and clean option in Beirut
Clean hotel with very friendly staff. Wifi was adequate by Lebanese standards and the generator kicks in when the power goes out (this is a Beirut issue and not a fault of the hotel). Easy access to the Airport, Corniche and Downtown by uber, and you can get a datasim at many shops outside the hotel. Area felt very safe and had no issues during my stay.
Response by Hanin
Dear Valuable Guest.Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again in our hotel.
8.0Very goodCheck-in Sep 23, 2018
Modern, a nice bar downstaires and helpful staff
Very comfortable bed and pillows in a spacey room, very helpful staff. Outside seating at bar/restaurant in narrow corridor feels good. Great location in Hamra (traffic in the areas could be very heavy sometimes though) Being surrounded by buildings in Hamra, there is no view outside window, better to keep curtains shut while there is a balcony in room.
1 night business trip
Response by Hanin
Dear Valuable Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you felt comfortable staying with us! Looking forward to see you again.

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries

10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jan 23, 2020
The staff is friendly. Great location. I could enjoy staying here.
J2 night trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Sep 17, 2019
My favorite hotel in beirut. Perfect for solo travelers and couples
6.0GoodCheck-in Aug 28, 2019
rooms should be better maintained. They should solve the issue of the humidity odour in the rooms.
1 night romance trip
6.0GoodCheck-in Apr 22, 2019
The wifi was unusable. This made my stay very inconvenient. The curtains did not block out the sunlight. The bathroom flooded every time I took a shower. The rooms are somewhat clean, and look close to the pictures. The location is good. Not recommended at all for the price, considering the other options in Hamra.
5 night trip
8.0Very goodCheck-in Oct 19, 2018
Nice boutique hotel with excellent bar, in the heart of Hamra. My only complaint was the spotty WiFi. Good location to see all of Beirut and surrounding sites.
R4 night trip
Response by Hanin
Dear Valuable Guest. Thank you for your nice review. We are so glad that you like the property. We would to welcome you again very soon.See You!
8.0Very goodCheck-in Oct 6, 2018
Comfort and fantastic location
We only stayed one night.Beds were very comfortable, room was quiet and adequately clean except the floor was filthy. Good shower with hot water. A couple of complimentary water bottles were given. Location was fabulous, in the heart of Hamra where you can walk everywhere. Many shops and restaurants in the surrounding blocks. We would stay here again.
Lori1 night romance trip
Response by Hanin
Dear Valuable Guest. We appreciate your amazing review! We’re so glad that you loved the hotel and felt comfortable staying with us. Thank you for the comment about the floor, our cleaning team uses hygiene products to maintain a high standards in our service. However, it still shows this way, since the floor is too mat that makes it capture tiny things. But still we sort a better way. Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon.
8.0Very goodCheck-in Sep 26, 2018
Good location
This hotel is smack in the middle of the lively area of Harma with its plentiful bars, restaurants and shops. The rooms are clean but lm not sure what effect they are going for with the bathroom being basically see through glass .... I really dont want to know anyone that well but hey suppose its a matter of taste
Damien2 night romance trip
Response by Hanin
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We hope to see you soon again in Caramel!
4.0FairCheck-in Sep 30, 2018
Excellent Concept, Location with poor wifi
The room is modern and quite comfortable. The location can not be more perfect. it is right on the Hamra street which makes it super convenient. Startbucks is only 30 secs to the left of the hotel. Only issues I have had with this hotel is the poor wifi connection and the noises from down stairs. Unfortunately, the cost of the night is a little high compared to other hotels in the area. I probably would not spend time at this place on future visits.
6 night business trip
Response by Hanin
Dear Valuable Guest. We appreciate your feedback about our hotel. We are glad that you liked the rooms. We would like to have the chance seeing you again and convince you that WiFi cutting was a temporary issue. Regarding the rates, we believe that it was fair compared to the market but we will reconsider our price list. Thank you again and looking forward to see.
6.0GoodCheck-in Apr 10, 2018
ok for the price
Location was nice but the whole hotel smells of strong cigarette smoke. The wifi is horrible so I would go to Starbucks 1 min away to use theirs. Cable is difficult to use. Bed was hard. It was ok for a few days but I wouldn't stay there again.
Response by Rooms Division Manager
Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our property. We are sorry to hear that you have faced some challenges. We hope that you have referred back to our team as they could have managed all at glance. Non smoking floors are available, different areas in the hotel has its own Wi-Fi access and mattresses are most comfortable as always being reported by our guests. Let us have the chance to welcome you again in Caramel and we ensure a stay that exceeds your expectations.
8.0Very goodCheck-in Dec 29, 2017
Avoid Room 302, otherwise, everything is great!
Nice hotel in a great location. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. I did have a problem on the first day with the room smelling like smoke (it's Lebanon, and there are a lot of smokers), but they refreshed it. The only problem is that there was always a mold smell that you noticed when entering the room (room 302). It was as if the AC vent wasn't fully cleaned. You got used to it after a couple of minutes, but it's still unpleasant. My friend was on another floor and his room was fine, so it was just mine. Otherwise, it was a great 6-night stay, close to everything, and I'll return (and will ask for a different room!).
Derrick6 night trip with friends
Response by Management
Dear Mr. Derrick. Thank you for taking time to review our property. In taking great care of our hotel, the main priority for us is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere.Our maintenance team has worked on room 302 and updated it to the best conditions. It would be such a pleasure to to welcome you again in Caramel for your next visit to Beirut. See you soon!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Oct 5, 2017
Excellent location ..amazing staff
At the heart of Hamra St. You couldn’t find a better hotel! a very friendly and helpful staff , breakfast was excellent and the rooms are really comfortable and clean . Would definitely stay there again
rami6 night trip
Verified Orbitz guest review
Response by Hanin
Dear Mr. Rami. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I'm sure our entire hotel staff hosting you as much as you enjoyed your stay. See you soon!
4.0FairCheck-in Sep 27, 2017
Could be great, but amateur staff is a drawback.
The hotel is quite new, comfortable and in a nice area, but the quality of the staff is a problem. The staffers are generally friendly and helpful, but only a few speak passable english. We kept having to ask for simple things during breakfast, like reminding them that cornflakes need milk and marmelade needs bread. I also expect a bartender in a gin bar to be able to serve the drinks listed in its own menu. The most serious thing happened when we got back at 22 in the evening and discovered the cleaning staff had left our door open the whole day. This was met by a shrug in the reception.
6 night romance trip
Response by Caramel Boutique Hotel
Dear Guest. Thanks for taking time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that the service at breakfast wasn't up to the standard you've come to expect from us. I have personally addressed this with our housekeeping staff and restaurant manager to ensure this won't happen again. I hope, you will re-visit us again and we are able to convince you about our passion and care. Thank you!!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Aug 24, 2017
3rd Stay
This is my 3rd stay at Caramel Boutique and I'm always impressed. The staff is great and always helpful and the rooms are chic, modern, and always clean.
Shawn3 night trip
Response by R.D.M.
Thank you Sir for taking time to review or property. It is always a pleasure welcoming you back. See you soon

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries

6.0GoodCheck-in Oct 23, 2019
Not the best you can get
My friend's room smelled of tobacco and mine like sewage. The bathrooms are with frosted glass so not much of privacy if you're sharing with a friend or colleague. Nice area in Hamra, but I've stayed in better hotels in the same area that are cheaper
3 night trip with friends
4.0FairCheck-in Jun 5, 2019
Never never again
Been there for 2 nights for job trip. Room 301. Humid room with very horrible smell of smoke and mold. Lights in the room sometimes didn’t work. Worst WiFi connection ever seen. Noisy minibar in the room. Room was not properly cleaned and the bathroom had some rusted tools. Breakfast was the only positive thing even if you can choose only between continental or local breakfast menu. Also the bar/restaurant downstairs is a complete disaster: even if empty you wait 5/10 mins to get your drink, they also forgot to bring it to me once, and finally I got also a wrong bill. I travel the world for my job and I’ve been in many weird and not comfortable hotels,but this is in the top 3 worst hotel in my life. I am very surprised about the reviews of other guests.
2 night business trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Jan 5, 2019
Chickes modernes und geschmackvolles Hotel in mitten von Hamra in einer berühmten Gasse, wo viele Bars und lebendiges Nachtleben gibt
1 night trip
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Nov 7, 2018
Beirut-kontrastenes by!
Fantastisk opphold med en fortreffelig ginbar hvor man ble godt ivaretatt. Man bor sentralt og det er liv overalt. Velger dette hotellet ved neste besøk.
Wenche4 night romance trip
Response by Rooms Division Manager
Dear Traveler. Thank you for your amazing review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to see you very soon.
8.0Very goodCheck-in Mar 16, 2018
Schönes, modernes Hotel in Hamra
Liegt direkt in Hamra und vieles ist zufuß erreichbar. Großes Zimmer, allerdings ist die Dusche nicht ganz dicht. Ansonsten sehr weiterzuempfehlen!
Response by Management
Dear Guest. Thank you for giving us a good rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We hope to see you soon again!
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Mar 13, 2018
Fenomenal
Bairro boêmio. Hotel com excelente restaurante e atmosfera. Pessoal maravilhoso. Recomendo
wilson4 night trip
Response by Hanin
Querido convidado. Obrigado por nos analisar e recomendar. Estamos felizes que você tenha gostado da sua estadia. Espero que tenhamos a chance de recebê-lo novamente em breve.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Sep 26, 2017
Schönes Hotel in einer Nebenstraße der Hamra Street, in unmittelbarer Nähe zu Restaurants und Bars. Freundlicher Service, wir hatten während unseres Aufenthaltes jederzeit ein gutes Gefühl.
6 night trip
Response by Hanin
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to share your good feelings with us. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Aug 23, 2017
Boa localização Quartos grandes e confortáveis Ótimo banheiro
TALEL3 night romance trip
Response by Caramel Boutique Hotel
Thank you so much for giving us a good score. We are happy that you liked the hotel, location and rooms. Hope to welcome you again in the near future.
8.0Very goodCheck-in Oct 8, 2019
8.0Very goodCheck-in Jan 9, 2019
10.0ExceptionalCheck-in Aug 26, 2017
1 night romance trip
Response by Caramel Boutique Hotel
This is amazing, thank you for scoring us.
Sorry, there are no traveller photos for this property.