What's Lower East Side like?
People go to Lower East Side to see famous places such as One World Trade Center, as well as its many attractions such as American Dream. Make sure that you enjoy this scenic neighbourhood's great bars. Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
Where are the best places to stay in Lower East Side?
We have 182 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Here are some of our travellers' favourite lodging options in Lower East Side:
The Ludlow HotelLuxury hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness centre • Rooftop terrace • Garden • Central location
Moxy NYC Lower East Side4-star hotel with 4 bars and restaurant
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness centre • Cafe • 24-hour front desk
CitizenM New York Bowery4-star hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness centre • Cafe • 24-hour front desk • Central location
The Allen Hotel3.5-star hotel
- Free WiFi • Steam room • Fitness centre • Terrace • Central location
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, an IHG HotelUpmarket hotel with 24-hour fitness centre
- Free WiFi • Fitness centre • 24-hour front desk • Snack bar • Central location
How to get to Lower East Side
Lower East Side is located 1 mi (1.7 km) from the heart of New York.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), 11.8 mi (19 km) from Lower East Side
- Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from Lower East Side
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from Lower East Side
Getting to Lower East Side on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- Essex St. Station
- Delancey St. Station
- Grand St. Station (Chrystie St.)
Things to see and do in and around Lower East Side
What to see in Lower East Side
- New York University
- One World Trade Center
- Empire State Building
- Madison Square Garden
- Grand Central Terminal