What's Central New York City like?
People go to Central New York City to see famous places such as Rockefeller Center, as well as its many attractions such as American Dream. Travellers like this scenic neighbourhood for its theatre scene. Broadway and Times Square are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
Where are the best places to stay in Central New York City?
We have 1979 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Listed below are our travellers' top places to stay in Central New York City:
Merrion Row Hotel and Public House4-star hotel with 2 bars and restaurant
- 24-hour front desk • Central location
1 Hotel Central ParkLuxury hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness centre • Cafe • 24-hour front desk • Central location
The Chatwal, In The Unbound Collection By HyattLuxury hotel with indoor pool and restaurant
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness centre • Bar • 24-hour front desk • Central location
The St. Regis New YorkLuxury hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness centre • 24-hour front desk • Central location
The Peninsula New YorkLuxury hotel with 3 bars and spa
- Free WiFi • Restaurant • Steam room • 24-hour health club • Central location
How to get to Central New York City
Central New York City is located 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the heart of New York.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), 13.3 mi (21.3 km) from Central New York City
- Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from Central New York City
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 6 mi (9.6 km) from Central New York City
Getting to Central New York City on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- 49th St. Station
- 47 - 50 Sts - Rockefeller Center Station
- 50 St. Station (Broadway)
Things to see and do in and around Central New York City
What to see in Central New York City
- Times Square
- Rockefeller Center
- Grand Central Terminal
- Madison Square Garden
- Empire State Building