What's Golden Gate like?
If you're looking for the perfect part of town to visit, consider Golden Gate. Nature lovers can explore top areas such as Golden Gate Park. There's plenty more to see, including San Francisco Botanical Garden and Japanese Tea Garden.
Where are the best places to stay in Golden Gate?
We have 40 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Here are our customers' top lodging choices in Golden Gate:
Stanyan Park HotelFamily-friendly hotel
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Cafe • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Rodeway Inn & Suites San Francisco-Great Highway2-star hotel
- Free parking • Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Central location
How to get to Golden Gate
Golden Gate is located 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the heart of San Francisco.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from Golden Gate
- Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 15.1 mi (24.3 km) from Golden Gate
- Concord, CA (CCR-Buchanan Field), 27.6 mi (44.4 km) from Golden Gate
Getting to Golden Gate on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- Irving St & 9th Ave Stop
- Irving St & 8th Ave Stop
- Irving St & 7th Ave Stop
Things to see and do in and around Golden Gate
What to see in Golden Gate
- Golden Gate Park
- University of California, San Francisco
- Kezar Stadium
- Ocean Beach
- University of San Francisco