What's Uptown like?
People go to Uptown to see famous places such as Rockefeller Center, as well as its many attractions such as American Dream. Central Park and 5th Avenue are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
Where are the best places to stay in Uptown?
We have 605 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Listed below are our travellers' top lodging choices in Uptown:
The Wallace4-star hotel with bar and 24-hour fitness centre
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Central location
The LowellLuxury hotel with 4 restaurants and bar
- Free WiFi • Fitness centre • Terrace • 24-hour front desk • Central location
The MarkLuxury hotel with 2 restaurants and 2 bars
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness centre • 24-hour front desk • Snack bar • Central location
Trump International Hotel & Tower New YorkLuxury hotel with 2 restaurants and spa
- Free WiFi • Steam room • 24-hour health club • Bar • Central location
The Carlyle, A Rosewood HotelLuxury hotel with spa and bar
- Free WiFi • Health club • Cafe • 24-hour front desk • Central location
How to get to Uptown
Uptown is located 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the heart of New York.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), 13.3 mi (21.5 km) from Uptown
- Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from Uptown
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 5 mi (8 km) from Uptown
Getting to Uptown on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- 81 St. - Museum of Natural History Station
- 77 St. Station (Lexington Av.)
- 72 St. Station (Central Park West)
Things to see and do in and around Uptown
What to see in Uptown
- Central Park
- Rockefeller Center
- Times Square
- Grand Central Terminal
- Empire State Building