What's Chinatown like?
People go to Chinatown to see famous places such as One World Trade Center, as well as its many attractions such as American Dream. Make sure that you enjoy this walkable neighbourhood's great shops and restaurants. Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
Where are the best places to stay in Chinatown?
We have 46 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Here are some of our travellers' favourite places to stay in Chinatown:
Hotel MulberryCity centre hotel
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Spacious rooms
Hotel MimosaCity centre hotel
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Walkable location
Hotel Richland LES2-star hotel
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk
Hotel 50 Bowery, part of JdV by HyattLuxury hotel with restaurant and bar
- 24-hour fitness centre • Terrace • Garden • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Leon Hotel LES3.5-star hotel
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Central location
How to get to Chinatown
Chinatown is located 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the heart of New York.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from Chinatown
- Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from Chinatown
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from Chinatown
Things to see and do in and around Chinatown
What to see in Chinatown
- One World Trade Center
- New York University
- Empire State Building
- Madison Square Garden
- Grand Central Terminal
Things to do in Chinatown
- Times Square
- 5th Avenue
- American Dream
- Metropolitan Museum of Art