What's Upper East Side like?
Visitors really like Upper East Side, especially its museums and riverfront access. Enjoy the neighbourhood's art scene and entertainment venues. Learn about local heritage at landmarks such as Park Avenue Armory and Mount Vernon Hotel Museum & Garden. There's plenty more to see, including Madison Avenue and 92nd Street Y.
Where are the best places to stay in Upper East Side?
We have 309 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Here are some of our travellers' top lodging choices in Upper East Side:
The LowellLuxury hotel with 4 restaurants and bar
- Free WiFi • Fitness centre • Terrace • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Voco The Franklin New York, an IHG HotelBoutique hotel
- Free WiFi • Cafe • 24-hour front desk • Central location
The Gardens Sonesta ES Suites New York3-star hotel with 24-hour fitness centre and health club
- Terrace • 24-hour front desk • Snack bar • Close to shopping
Loews Regency New York HotelLuxury hotel with 2 restaurants and 2 bars
- Free WiFi • Spa • Fitness centre • Cafe • Central location
Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Upper East Side3-star hotel
- Free WiFi • Fitness centre • 24-hour front desk • Snack bar • Central location
How to get to Upper East Side
Upper East Side is located 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the heart of New York.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), 12.8 mi (20.5 km) from Upper East Side
- Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from Upper East Side
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from Upper East Side
Getting to Upper East Side on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- 77 St. Station (Lexington Av.)
- 72nd Street Station
- East 86th Street Station
Things to see and do in and around Upper East Side
What to see in Upper East Side
- Park Avenue Armory
- 92nd Street Y
- Mount Vernon Hotel Museum & Garden
- Upper Fifth Avenue
- St. John Nepomucene Church