What's Altona like?There are lots of things that visitors like about Altona, especially its restaurants. You can take time to discover this family-friendly neighbourhood's shops. If you're hunting for the perfect souvenir, head over to Reeperbahn to shop. There's plenty more to see, including Trabrennbahn Hamburg Bahrenfeld and Volksparkstadion.
Where are the best places to stay in Altona?
We have 85 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Listed below are our travellers' top lodging choices in Altona:
August The Boardinghouse3-star pension
- Free WiFi • Terrace • Garden • Central location
Hotel Louis C. JacobRiverfront hotel with 2 restaurants and spa
- Free WiFi • Sauna • 24-hour fitness centre • Bar • Walkable location
Residence Inn by Marriott Hamburg AltonaSuburban hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Fitness centre • Cafe • 24-hour front desk
B&B Hotel Hamburg-Altona2-star hotel
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk
Movenpick Hotel HamburgLuxury hotel with spa and restaurant
- Free WiFi • Sauna • Fitness centre • Bar • Central location
How to get to AltonaAltona is located 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the heart of Hamburg.
- Hamburg Airport (HAM), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from Altona
Travelling to Altona by trainYou'll find the following train stations in the neighbourhood:
- Diebsteich Station
- Hamburg-Altona Station
- Hamburg-Sülldorf Station
Getting to Altona on the metroStations in the neighbourhood include:
- Othmarschen S-Bahn
- Klein Flottbek S-Bahn
- Hochkamp S-Bahn