What's Copacabana like?
Copacabana is notable for its beach access. Collect beach glass at top spots such as Copacabana Beach and Ipanema Beach. Other popular sights worth a visit include Recreio dos Bandeirantes Beach.
Where are the best places to stay in Copacabana?
We have 1463 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Here are some of our travellers' top places to stay in Copacabana:
Emiliano Rio5-star beachfront hotel with spa and outdoor pool
- Free WiFi • Restaurant • Steam room • 24-hour health club • Bar
Copacabana Palace, A Belmond Hotel, Rio de Janeiro5-star beachfront hotel with spa and outdoor pool
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • 3 restaurants • Steam room • Fitness centre
Miramar by Windsor CopacabanaUpmarket beachfront hotel with 2 bars and outdoor pool
- Free valet parking • Free beach cabanas • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Hot tub
Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro CopacabanaCity centre hotel with restaurant
- Free WiFi • Steam room • Fitness centre • 24-hour front desk
Hotel Diplomata3-star hotel
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk
How to get to Copacabana
Copacabana is located 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the heart of Rio de Janeiro.
- Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 4.4 mi (7 km) from Copacabana
- Rio de Janeiro International Airport (GIG), 11.8 mi (19 km) from Copacabana
- Rio de Janeiro (RRJ-Jacarepaguá-Roberto Marinho), 11.9 mi (19.1 km) from Copacabana
Getting to Copacabana on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- Siqueira Campos Station
- Cardeal Arcoverde Station
- Cantagalo Station
Things to see and do in and around Copacabana
What to see in Copacabana
- Copacabana Beach
- Ipanema Beach
- Recreio dos Bandeirantes Beach
- Bairro Peixoto
- Rua Barata Ribeiro