What's San Giovanni like?San Giovanni is notable for its historical sites. You can take some time to enjoy this romantic neighbourhood's museums. Nature lovers can visit Caffarella Park and Appia Antica Archaeological Park. There's plenty more to see, including Via Appia Nuova and Basilica di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme.
Where are the best places to stay in San Giovanni?
We have 364 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Listed below are our travellers' favourite places to stay in San Giovanni:
Tata B&BCity centre B&B
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Central location
Hotel San Giovanni RomaUpmarket hotel with bar
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Snack bar • Central location
The Cross HotelCity centre hotel
- Free WiFi • Terrace • Garden • 24-hour front desk • Walkable location
How to get to San GiovanniSan Giovanni is located 2.5 mi (3.9 km) from the heart of Rome.
- Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 14.8 mi (23.7 km) from San Giovanni
- Ciampino Airport (CIA), 6.8 mi (11 km) from San Giovanni
Getting to San Giovanni on the metroStations in the neighbourhood include:
- Re di Roma Station
- Ponte Lungo Station
- San Giovanni Station
Things to see and do in and around San Giovanni
What to see in San Giovanni
- Basilica di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme
- Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano
- Piazza di San Giovanni in Laterano
- Aurelian Wall
- Caffarella Park