What's Tynemouth like?In Tynemouth, you can easily get to the beach. Take time to see places such as Tynemouth Castle and The Haven while you're here. There's plenty more to see, including Longsands Beach and Angel of the North.
Where are the best places to stay in Tynemouth?
We have 45 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Listed below is our travellers' top place to stay in Tynemouth:
Number 61 Guest House and Tea RoomUpmarket guesthouse
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Cafe • Garden • Central location
How to get to TynemouthTynemouth is located 1 mi (1.7 km) from the heart of North Shields.
- Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) from Tynemouth
Things to see and do in and around Tynemouth
What to see in Tynemouth
- Tynemouth Castle
- Tynemouth Priory
- The Haven
- Longsands Beach
- Angel of the North
Things to do near Tynemouth:
- Watch House Museum (0.3 mi/0.5 km away)
- Wet 'n' Wild Water Park (2.1 mi/3.3 km away)
- The Marsden Grotto (3.4 mi/5.4 km away)
- Tynemouth Aquarium (0.7 mi/1.2 km away)
- The Fish Quay Fair (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)