What's Japantown like?There are lots of things that visitors like about Japantown, especially its restaurants. Make sure that you enjoy this walkable neighbourhood's great shops. Take time to see places such as Sundance Kabuki Cinemas and Peace Pagoda while you're here. Pier 39 and Golden Gate Bridge are a couple of popular sights nearby.
Where are the best places to stay in Japantown?
Here is our travellers' top place to stay in Japantown:
Hotel Kabuki, part of JdV by Hyatt4-star hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • Fitness centre • Garden • 24-hour front desk • Central location
How to get to JapantownJapantown is located 1 mi (1.5 km) from the heart of San Francisco.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), 12 mi (19.2 km) from Japantown
- Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from Japantown
- Concord, CA (CCR-Buchanan Field), 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from Japantown
Things to see and do in and around Japantown
Things to see near Japantown:
- Peace Pagoda (0.1 mi/0.1 km away)
- Golden Gate Bridge (3.5 mi/5.6 km away)
- Painted Ladies (0.7 mi/1.1 km away)
- San Francisco City Hall (0.7 mi/1.2 km away)
- Civic Center Plaza (0.8 mi/1.3 km away)
Things to do in Japantown
- Sundance Kabuki Cinemas
- Ikenobo Ikebana Society