What's Old City like?People go to Old City to see popular places such as Blue Mosque, and to take in culture at top venues such as Hagia Sophia. Take time to enjoy the neighbourhood's museums and selection of cafes. Grand Bazaar and Topkapi Palace are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
Where are the best places to stay in Old City?
We have 992 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Here are our customers' top places to stay in Old City:
Bram Hotel IstanbulCity centre hotel
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Terrace • 24-hour front desk
AJWA SultanahmetLuxury hotel with spa and indoor pool
- Free valet parking • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Steam room • Walkable location
Royan SuitesBeach hotel with 10 beach bars and restaurant
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • 4 cafes • Bar • Walkable location
White House Hotel IstanbulUpmarket hotel with restaurant
- Free WiFi • Rooftop terrace • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Meg HotelCity centre hotel
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Rooftop terrace • 24-hour front desk • Attentive staff
How to get to Old CityOld City is located 0.5 mi (0.9 km) from the heart of Istanbul.
- Istanbul (IST), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) from Old City
- Sabiha Gokcen International Airport (SAW), 19.2 mi (30.9 km) from Old City
Travelling to Old City by trainYou'll find the following train stations in the neighbourhood:
- Sirkeci Marmaray Station
- Istanbul Cankurtaran Station
- Vezneciler Subway Station
Getting to Old City on the metroStations in the neighbourhood include:
- Cemberlitas Station
- Sultanahmet Station
- Gulhane Station