What's Retiro like?
People go to Retiro for fun-filled days at Parque Warner Madrid, as well as many other top attractions such as Madrid Zoo Aquarium. Enjoy this romantic neighbourhood's museums and selection of restaurants. Gran Via Street and Puerta del Sol are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
Where are the best places to stay in Retiro?
We have 91 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Here are our travellers' top places to stay in Retiro:
Mandarin Oriental Ritz, MadridLuxury hotel with indoor pool and restaurant
- Free valet parking • 2 bars • Steam room • Health club • Attentive staff
Only YOU Hotel Atocha4-star hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness centre • Rooftop terrace • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Hotel Claridge Madrid4-star hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • Fitness centre • Cafe • Garden • Attentive staff
Catalonia El RetiroUpmarket hotel with bar
- Free WiFi • Cafe • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Petit Palace Lealtad PlazaCity centre hotel with restaurant
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Central location
How to get to Retiro
Retiro is located 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from the heart of Madrid.
- Madrid (MAD-Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas), 6.8 mi (11 km) from Retiro
Getting to Retiro on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- Sainz de Baranda Station
- Conde de Casal Station
- Ibiza Station
Things to see and do in and around Retiro
What to see in Retiro
- Puerta del Sol
- Plaza Mayor
- Santiago Bernabéu Stadium
- El Retiro Park
- WiZink Center