What's Upper Northwest like?
People go to Upper Northwest to see famous places such as White House, as well as its many attractions such as Smithsonian's National Zoo. National Mall and Walter E. Washington Convention Center are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
Where are the best places to stay in Upper Northwest?
We have 70 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Here are some of our travellers' top lodging choices in Upper Northwest:
Omni Shoreham Hotel4-star hotel with outdoor pool and restaurant
- 2 bars • Outdoor pool • Hot tub • 24-hour health club • Walkable location
Days Inn by Wyndham Washington DC/Connecticut AvenueHotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk
How to get to Upper Northwest
Upper Northwest is located 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the heart of Washington.
- Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from Upper Northwest
- College Park, MD (CGS), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from Upper Northwest
- Gaithersburg, MD (GAI-Montgomery County Airpark), 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from Upper Northwest
Getting to Upper Northwest on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- Tenleytown Station
- Van Ness-UDC Station
- Cleveland Park Station
Things to see and do in and around Upper Northwest
What to see in Upper Northwest
- White House
- National Mall
- Georgetown University
- George Washington University
- Walter E. Washington Convention Center