What's Southbank like?
There are lots of things that visitors like about Southbank, especially its restaurants and riverfront access. Make sure that you enjoy this family-friendly neighbourhood's great shops. Learn about local heritage at top landmarks such as Melbourne Central and Queen Victoria Market. Crown Casino and Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
Where are the best places to stay in Southbank?
We have 394 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Here are some of our travellers' top lodging choices in Southbank:
The Langham, MelbourneLuxury hotel with spa and indoor pool
- Free WiFi • Restaurant • Hot tub • Health club • Central location
AC Hotel Melbourne Southbank4-star hotel with 2 bars and outdoor pool
- Free WiFi • Restaurant • 24-hour fitness centre • 24-hour front desk
Ink Hotel Melbourne Southbank3.5-star hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • Cafe • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Holiday Inn Express Melbourne Southbank, an IHG Hotel4-star hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness centre • Cafe • Central location
Mercure Melbourne SouthbankUpmarket hotel
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Central location
How to get to Southbank
Southbank is located 1 mi (1.6 km) from the heart of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Airport (MEL), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from Southbank
- Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 7.7 mi (12.5 km) from Southbank
- Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 29.7 mi (47.8 km) from Southbank
Things to see and do in and around Southbank
What to see in Southbank
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Marvel Stadium
- Melbourne Skydeck
- Eureka Tower
- Hamer Hall
Things to do in Southbank
- Crown Casino
- Collins Street
- Melbourne Central
- Queen Victoria Market
- South Melbourne Market