What's Kariakoo like?If you're looking for the perfect part of the city to explore, why not visit Kariakoo? Take time to see the sights such as Kariakoo Market while you're here. Zanzibar Ferry Terminal and Julius Nyerere International Conference Centre are two places to visit nearby.
Where are the best places to stay in Kariakoo?
We have 7 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Listed below are our travellers' favourite lodging options in Kariakoo:
Chelsea Hotel3-star hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free breakfast • Free parking • Free WiFi • Terrace • Walkable location
Sleep Inn Hotel Kariakoo3.5-star hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free breakfast • Free parking • Free WiFi • Terrace • Spacious rooms
How to get to KariakooKariakoo is located 0.6 mi (1 km) from the heart of Dar es Salaam.
- Dar es Salaam (DAR-Julius Nyerere Intl.), 5.6 mi (9 km) from Kariakoo
Things to see and do in and around Kariakoo
Things to see near Kariakoo:
- Zanzibar Ferry Terminal (0.9 mi/1.5 km away)
- Julius Nyerere International Conference Centre (1.3 mi/2.1 km away)
- Port of Dar es Salaam (1.4 mi/2.3 km away)
- Tanzania National Stadium (2.3 mi/3.8 km away)
- Coco Beach (3.9 mi/6.2 km away)
Things to do near Kariakoo:
- Kariakoo Market (0.1 mi/0.1 km away)
- Makumbusho Village (3.6 mi/5.8 km away)
- The Slipway (4.7 mi/7.5 km away)
- Mlimani City (5 mi/8 km away)
- Ilala Market (0.9 mi/1.5 km away)