What's Sultanahmet like?
People go to Sultanahmet to see popular places such as Blue Mosque, and to take in culture at top venues such as Hagia Sophia. Take time to enjoy the neighbourhood's museums and selection of restaurants. Grand Bazaar and Taksim Square are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
Where are the best places to stay in Sultanahmet?
We have 739 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Here are our customers' favourite places to stay in Sultanahmet:
Bram Hotel IstanbulCity centre hotel
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Terrace • 24-hour front desk
Henna Hotel IstanbulHotel with restaurant and bar
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Rooftop terrace • 24-hour front desk
AJWA SultanahmetLuxury hotel with spa and indoor pool
- Free valet parking • Free WiFi • Restaurant • Steam room • Fitness centre
Royan SuitesFamily-friendly hotel
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk
White House Hotel IstanbulUpmarket hotel with restaurant
- Free WiFi • Rooftop terrace • 24-hour front desk
How to get to Sultanahmet
Sultanahmet is located 0.8 mi (1.4 km) from the heart of Istanbul.
- Sabiha Gokcen International Airport (SAW), 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from Sultanahmet
- Istanbul (IST), 21.2 mi (34.2 km) from Sultanahmet
Getting to Sultanahmet on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- Sultanahmet Station
- Cemberlitas Station
Things to see and do in and around Sultanahmet
What to see in Sultanahmet
- Blue Mosque
- Hagia Sophia
- Taksim Square
- Topkapi Palace