What's Southwest Federal Center like?
People go to Southwest Federal Center to see famous places such as White House, as well as its many attractions such as National Air and Space Museum. National Mall and Smithsonian Institution are a couple of popular sights that will definitely leave an impression.
Where are the best places to stay in Southwest Federal Center?
We have 7 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Here are our travellers' favourite places to stay in Southwest Federal Center:
Salamander Washington DCLuxury hotel with spa and indoor pool
- Free WiFi • Restaurant • Health club • Bar • Terrace
CitizenM Washington DC Capitol4-star hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • Fitness centre • 24-hour front desk • Walkable location
Residence Inn by Marriott Washington, DC National Mall3-star hotel with indoor pool
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Hot tub • Fitness centre • Rooftop terrace
Hyatt Place Washington DC/National Mall3-star hotel with 2 restaurants and 2 bars
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Outdoor pool • 24-hour fitness centre • Walkable location
Hilton Washington DC National Mall The Wharf4-star hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • Outdoor pool • Fitness centre • Rooftop terrace • Close to shopping
How to get to Southwest Federal Center
Southwest Federal Center is located 1.2 mi (2 km) from the heart of Washington.
- Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from Southwest Federal Center
- College Park, MD (CGS), 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from Southwest Federal Center
- Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 19.9 mi (32 km) from Southwest Federal Center
Getting to Southwest Federal Center on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- L'Enfant Plaza Station
- Federal Center Station
- Smithsonian Station
Things to see and do in and around Southwest Federal Center
What to see in Southwest Federal Center
- National Mall
- White House
- United States Capitol
- Capital One Arena
- Walter E. Washington Convention Center