What's Upper West Side like?
Visitors really like Upper West Side, especially its museums, restaurants and riverfront access. Take time to enjoy the neighbourhood's theatre scene and selection of shops. Nature lovers can explore top areas such as Central Park. There's plenty more to see, including Children's Museum of Manhattan and Beacon Theater.
Where are the best places to stay in Upper West Side?
We have 368 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Here are our customers' favourite lodging options in Upper West Side:
The Wallace4-star hotel with bar and 24-hour fitness centre
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Hotel Beacon4-star hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness centre • Cafe • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Mandarin Oriental, New YorkLuxury hotel with 2 bars and spa
- Free WiFi • Restaurant • Steam room • Health club • Central location
The Lucerne Hotel4-star hotel with restaurant and health club
- Free WiFi • Fitness centre • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Arthouse Hotel New York City4-star hotel with 2 restaurants and bar
- Fitness centre • Terrace • 24-hour front desk • Central location
How to get to Upper West Side
Upper West Side is located 5.4 mi (8.6 km) from the heart of New York.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from Upper West Side
- Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from Upper West Side
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from Upper West Side
Getting to Upper West Side on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- West 86th Street Station
- 79 St. Station
- 86 St. Station (Central Park West)
Things to see and do in and around Upper West Side
What to see in Upper West Side
- Central Park
- Columbia University
- The Dakota
- Juilliard School
- Riverside Park