What's Theater District like?
People go to Theater District to see popular places such as Rockefeller Center, and to take in culture at top venues such as Broadway. Take time to enjoy the neighbourhood's theatre scene and selection of shops. Other popular sights worth a visit include Times Square.
Where are the best places to stay in Theater District?
We have 815 accommodation options in the neighbourhood. Listed below are our travellers' top lodging choices in Theater District:
Merrion Row Hotel and Public House4-star hotel with 2 bars and restaurant
- 24-hour front desk • Central location
The Chatwal, In The Unbound Collection By HyattLuxury hotel with indoor pool and restaurant
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness centre • Bar • 24-hour front desk • Central location
M Social Hotel Times Square New York4-star hotel with restaurant and bar
- Free WiFi • Fitness centre • Rooftop terrace • 24-hour front desk • Central location
Margaritaville Resort Times Square4-star hotel with outdoor pool and restaurant
- Fitness centre • Bar • Cafe • Terrace • 24-hour front desk
New York Marriott MarquisLuxury hotel with bar and 24-hour fitness centre
- Free WiFi • 2 restaurants • Fitness centre • 24-hour front desk • Central location
How to get to Theater District
Theater District is located 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the heart of New York.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), 13.3 mi (21.3 km) from Theater District
- Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 11.1 mi (17.8 km) from Theater District
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 6 mi (9.7 km) from Theater District
Getting to Theater District on the metro
Stations in the neighbourhood include:
- 49th St. Station
- Times Sq. - 42 St. Station
- 42 St. - Bryant Pk. Station
Things to see and do in and around Theater District
What to see in Theater District
- Times Square
- Rockefeller Center
- Town Hall
- New York Times Building
- Times Square Church